Specific Cultural Projects
Next Deadline: 5:00 pm, June 1, 2020
Application Available: April 1, 2020
About the Program
The Specific Cultural Project (SCP) grant is designed to fund a cultural project, program, exhibition, or series taking place within the grant period (July 1 through June 30). The grant activities must support the mission of the organization and further the state's cultural objectives.
The Division offers four project types.
- Arts In Education projects promote arts and culture in education
- Discipline-Based cultural or artistic projects
- Underserved Cultural Community Development projects assist with the development of underserved cultural organizations
- Artist Performances on Tour provides funding to Florida-based performing artists for touring activities to underserved communities; touring activities include both a performance and an educational component.
- Individual Artist project grants provide up to $25,000 for artist-driven projects that have public benefit and enhance the State of Florida through the creation or presentation of artistic work. Individual Artist projects can be in all artistic disciplines, genres, and styles.
- NOTE: In order to apply as an individual, you must create an organization for yourself in our online system at DOSGrants.com. To do this you will click on the “organization” dropdown and select “create an organization”. You will be required to search for the organization first; enter your first and last name. Once you have searched and the system does not find your name, a button will appear that says “+ create new organization." Click on this new button. You will then enter your name (first and last) in the legal name field. You will select “individual/sole proprietor” for organization type, and “other” for purpose.
- Click on "apply for a grant” on the DOSGrants.com "grants" dropdown. Select GPS/SCP under grant programs and click on “apply now”. You will select your name as the applicant. Your name will not appear as an applicant to select until you have successfully created an organization in your name.
See the program guidelines for more information about the project types.
- Apply Online
- 2021-2022 Specific Cultural Project Grant Guidelines
- 2021-2022 Rubric for Scoring
- Current grantees can access grant forms and required documents at Managing Your Grants.