Mind Your Sunbizness!
As a business owner, there is always something to manage. Things quickly get busy and details can fall through the cracks or get out of hand. Here’s a list of helpful reminders for you to add to your calendar to help you eliminate the worry. When you Mind your Sunbizness!, you can stay ahead of any unfortunate surprises. It’s your business; we want to help you take care of it.
- Check to see that your Articles of Incorporation have been filed correctly.
- File your Annual Report.
- Annual Report filing season is from January 1 – May 1 each year.
- Check to ensure you’re prepared to file timely to avoid late fees.
- Once submitted, check to ensure your filing is accurate.
- Monitor your entity.
- Business identity theft looks a lot like personal identity theft and can have far-reaching effects too.
- Empower yourself with information to recognize the signs before it’s too late. Regular monitoring of your business records can help.
- Check out our Sunbizness Identity Theft Resource Guide for useful information.
- Verify your information.
- Search our database and check your entity’s records monthly to ensure all information is up-to-date and correct.
- Check our consumer notices.
- We frequently receive helpful information that we like to pass on to you. Check our Consumer Notices for important notes and announcements.
- Need to make an amendment?
- Sometimes businesses change, people change, and business officers change. Check your records to ensure they’re up to date, and file an amendment if necessary.
- Verify suspicious mailings.
- If you receive email or postal mail indicating that you need to make a change to your filing and/or pay a fee, check to ensure the mailing is valid.