Florida Limited Liability Company
Articles of Organization
To create a Florida limited liability company (LLC) OR correct your rejected online filing:
- Review the instructions for filing the Articles of Organization.
- Gather all information required to complete the form.
- Have a valid form of payment.
Answers to common questions about e-filing a Florida limited liability company are listed below.
What Web Browsers are supported?
The Division of Corporations' Web Application supports later versions of the following browsers:
The above browsers cover over 96% of browser market share. Other browsers supporting HTML5 should also work fine with our web application. If you are considering choosing or adding a new browser, you can see how they compare in HTML5 feature support here.
What are my payment options to file the Articles of Organization online?
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover).
- Debit card (Visa or MasterCard logo).
- Prepaid Sunbiz E-File Account.
Is the LLC name already in use?
Search our records to determine if the name is distinguishable and available for you to use.
I don’t want to file online. Can I print and mail my application and payment?
- Yes, you can print the Articles of Organization for Florida Limited Liability Company (PDF) application, and mail it with a check or money order.
- All payments by credit card must use the online application.
Will I receive a confirmation that my filing was accepted?
Yes, you will receive a confirmation letter (which will include the LLC’s name, assigned document number, filed date, and its effective date, if requested). Your Certificate of Status and/or Certified Copy will also be included if you opted to purchase those items.
- You will receive your filing confirmation by email at the address you provided.
- Your confirmation will be sent to you once the document is examined and approved by the Division of Corporations.
- You will not receive a confirmation by U.S. Mail.
Filings by mail:
- You will receive your confirmation by U.S. Mail.
- It will be addressed to the mailing address you provided on the application.
How long does it take for my Articles of Organization to be processed and posted on Sunbiz?
- Filed online with a credit card: Your document will be processed in the order it was received.
- If paying by check or money order: Your document will be processed in the order it was received.
How do I sign the online form?
- Typing your name in the signature block is sufficient pursuant to s.15.16, F. S.
- Electronic signatures have the same legal effect as original signatures.
- Typing someone’s name (signature) without permission constitutes forgery.
Can I get a copy of my LLC’s Articles of Organization?
Yes. Once your Articles of Organization have been processed and posted, you can download an image of the report from Sunbiz free of charge.
Why was my filing rejected?
The Division of Corporations is required to examine your document for minimum statutory filing requirements. If you received a rejection notice, then your application failed to meet one or more of those requirements.
How do I correct a rejected filing?
Enter your tracking number and PIN (supplied in the rejection email) in the Correct Articles of Organization form.