Vision, Mission and Values
The Mission of the Florida Division of Historical Resources is
To inspire a love of history through preservation and education.
To fulfill this mission we will:
- Identify, document, protect, preserve, interpret and promote Florida's historical and archaeological resources; nurture an understanding of Florida's diverse cultural fabric; and promote Florida's role in regional, national, and international history.
- Cultivate connections between people and place.
- Encourage engagement, curiosity, and the exchange of ideas.
- Support community enhancement and quality of life through history.
- Facilitate the success of history partners and practitioners.
- Articulate and disseminate a state wide case for the value of history.
- Be a leader in the fields of public service and history.
In the pursuit of this mission, the Division values:
- Customer service
- Having fun
The Division aspires to create an environment in which a unified team works to achieve organizational excellence and sustainability on behalf of all stakeholders. The Division defines excellence based on the following key benchmarks:
- Being a great place to work, serve and support.
- Public value.
- Civic Engagement.
- Professional Standards.
- Value-based operational integrity.
- A financial model designed for long-term strength and resilience.