The Division of Historical Resources published a Notice of Proposed Rule updating and amending Rule 1A-39.001, F.A.C., in the Florida Administrative Register on March 14, 2018. All rule documents and forms being updated are posted below.
- Rule 1A-30.001 – Notice of Proposed Rule
- Rule 1A-39.001
- Small Matching Grant Guidelines
- Special Category Grant Guidelines
- Form DHR001 – Small Matching Grant Application
- Form DHR002 – Special Category Grant Application
- Form GAA001 – Grant Award Agreement
- Form DHR003 – Progress and Final Report Form
- Form DHR007 – Preservation Agreement
DHR's next application cycle is scheduled to open April 1, 2018 (for both Small Matching and Special Category) at which point the DOSgrants.com online application system will allow applicants to apply. Applicants will be required to create a user profile and submit their application via this online system during the application submission cycle. We encourage all Grantees to log in and create user profiles, if they have not yet done so. Before you get started, you should look at the downloadable and printable FAQ document found here or by clicking the FAQ link when you get to the website.
The Florida Division of Historical Resources and the Florida Division of Cultural Affairs will be conducting Florida Department of State Grants Workshop Sessions. For more information about this year's workshops and to register visit our Upcoming Events page. Upcoming webinars on "how to apply" for a Historic Preservation Grant are also listed there.
- Special Category Review and Ranking Public meeting was held on November 2. To obtain a copy a list of the FHC members use this link; copies of the agenda for this event can be accessed here; also copies of the content reviews can be accessed here.
- The FHC recommended a total of fifty-nine (59) FY 2018-2019 Special Category applications for funding to the Secretary of State. The final list of applications approved by the Secretary of State is below.
- Small Matching Review and Ranking Public Meetings were held on July 19 and 20. To obtain a copy of the list of panelists please access here; also copies of the agendas for that two-day event can be accessed here (July 19th) and here (July 20th).
- A Total of eighty-four (84) FY 2018-2019 Small Matching applications have been ranked; those are listed below.
- Final Grant Funding FY2018
- Final Grant Funding for FY2017
Historic Preservation Grants Program Overview
The Historic Preservation Grants Program allocates state funds appropriated by the Legislature and federal funds apportioned to the state by the U.S. Department of the Interior, National Park Service, for the preservation and protection of the state's historic and archaeological sites and properties. The program is administered by the Bureau of Historic Preservation, Division of Historical Resources, Florida Department of State and is governed by rules in Chapter 1A-39, Florida Administrative Code and Section 267.0617, Florida Statutes.
Those eligible to apply for grant funding include state agencies, state universities, non-profit organizations, units of local government, cities, towns, and counties. Private property owners are not eligible for state grant funding from the Department of State’s Division of Historical Resources.
Grant Contract, Payment and Record Requirements
For grants recipients and potential grant recipients; please review and be familiar with the State requirements and guidelines for allowable project costs as outlined in the Department of Financial Services' Reference Guide for State Expenditures (.pdf).
Past Grant Award Search
To view past Bureau of Historic Preservation Grant Awards, visit the Division's Historic Preservation Grant Recipients Search page.
To view past Department of State Grant Awards, visit the Department's Grants History Online Search Tool (GHOST).
Past Department of State grant books can be accessed here.
Historic Preservation Grants Program
Division of Historical Resources
R. A. Gray Building, 4th Floor
500 S. Bronough Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399